World may be working right now, but it is decades old and no longer supported by Oracle. World cannot grow and evolve with your changing business needs in a rapidly changing economy. Corning Data will help assess your ERP needs and configure a system that is uniquely suited to your business processes and goals.
Cost-Justifying an EnterpriseOne Upgrade
How do you cost-justify an upgrade from JD Edwards World to EnterpriseOne? Start with a simple cost-benefit analysis. Here are some costs to consider:
- Hardware Costs – How much will it cost to upgrade your hardware?
- Software Costs – Will you need to purchase the EnterpriseOne software?
- Consulting Costs – Technical and application consulting costs may depend largely on your team’s willingness and ability to learn and own the upgrade project.
- Development Costs – Do you have a lot of custom code? Carrying those modifications over to a new release may require some retrofitting.
- Internal Costs – How much productivity will you lose while your users are training to use the new software? How should you expect to benefit from an EnterpriseOne upgrade?
- New Functionality – Review the upgrade value proposition. New application functionality will include process improvements that will reduce your costs. It may even eliminate your need for certain third-party software.
- Better Usability – Many of the core EnterpriseOne applications have vastly improved usability. They are efficient, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- Better Performance – User productivity improvements may speed up certain business processes, saving your company money. Sales Order Entry, for instance, is 31 percent faster. Shipment confirmation is 53 percent faster.
- Tools 9.2.x– In an enhanced user experience, EnterpriseOne makes modifications and report writing easier.
Need help attaching some numbers to these considerations? Call Corning Data for a free consultation, (800) 455-5996.